04 June 2010

Flashing Moments of Life and My Silence

I guess there are a lot of reasons to have a blog. I have multiple reasons. My main motivation, however, is to write down or write about those flashing moments of life.

Like last night, for example, Keith fell asleep on the couch while I was doing my homework. I was leaning on his leg and typing on the laptop. I looked at his leg sticking out of the big white comforter, and I had this overwhelming love for him and his leg.

Like doing my homework, for example, and seeing my words come up on a page that reflect more understanding than what I thought I understood.

Like realizing, for example, that in the same way that I can miss someone, in such a way that no amount of interaction with other people can fill that lonely spot of my heart--realizing that that is the way Heavenly Father feels about me. In the innumerable prayers that sound in every moment there remains a silence in the ear of God that can only be filled by me.

So that is one reason I have started this blog.
May your life flash before your eyes and within your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment